Last Updated on
With cooler weather on the way, now is a perfect time to find a new heater, especially if you’re in the market to replace, or add a supplementary heat source to your home. If you’re looking for a cost effective unit to heat areas throughout your home, you could consider Amish infrared fireplace heaters as an option. These electric heaters that looks like a wood stove use electricity to heat your home and are inspired by actual Amish heaters – which burn wood to generate heat. The best aspect of these heaters is, they give you all the looks, comfort and warmth of a real fire without the fine ash mess and upkeep. Are they safe and effective, yes. Are they made by the Amish- no. As we mentioned, these are infrared heaters designed to look like classic Amish heaters. Read on to learn about 2 popular models in our Amish infrared heaters reviews.
- These Amish style electric fireplaces can comfortably heat the whole room using very little energy.
- The combined low energy usage and the effective zoned room heating saves people money on their gas and electricity bills.
- While the flames and log and ember beds in the fireplace look incredibly realistic, they are much safer and cleaner than any real wood fire.
- The outer casing remains cool to the touch completely reducing the risk of accidental burns
1) Bronze Look Duraflame Infrared Quartz Fireplace Stove
This attractive looking infrared heater by Duraflame is inspired by the classic design and functionality of Amish heaters. Simple and timeless, the heater is casing is made from sturdy metal construction and looks just like an old fashioned heater with it’s gracefully arched door design.
Not Only Do You See Flames, There Are Also Glowing Logs And Embers
Best of all are the very realistic looking flames which glow and flicker depending on which function you choose. There is even a glowing log and ember bed to complete the look. The glowing log and ember bed can be used with or without heat so you get to enjoy the ambiance of a gentle rolling fire come winter, spring, summer or autumn.
Amish Style Electric Fireplaces Maintain Natural Humidity Levels
Unlike your traditional gas heaters, the heat emitted from these electric heaters that look like a wood stove don’t dry out the air anywhere near as much. They are designed to maintain the natural humidity in the air which is good in the colder months as the colder conditions can have a tendency to dry out our skin.
You don’t need to do much to install the heater, other than screwing on the legs, as the Duraflame is fairly much ready to go out of the box. You can plug the 110 volt unit into an electrical outlet and you’re good to go. As for weight and size, it’s an easy heater to move as it only weighs 22.4 pounds with dimensions of 10.9 x 21.4 x 24 inches
Benefits of the Amish Style Duraflame Heater:
- Brings the pretty warmth and comfort of an old fashioned fireplace with flames and a very real looking log and ember bed
- Provides comforting warmth to a large room
- Includes a remote control unit
- Stylish classic designed to look like an Amish heater
- Quiet Scroll Fan for circulating heat up to 1000 sq feet
Much Cheaper To Run
What was outstanding was how cheap this heater was to run over the cooler months We noticed many people used the heater to heat their bedroom and loved the convenience of the remote control, no hopping out of bed on those frosty cold mornings. Push a button, wait for 10 mins and the chill is taken off the room.
2) Comfort Smart Jackson Infrared Electric Fireplace Heater – CS-25IR-BLK
Number 2 in our Amish infrared heaters reviews is the rather retro looking Comfort Smart Jackson Heater. Choosing the right Amish infrared fireplace heater for your home is an investment and preferably you choose a unit which is well designed, does the job it is designed to do, and most of all, adds an attractive element to your home. The Comfort Smart Jackson does all of those. This space heater with fake flames is a rectangular style heater which is an all-in-one neat, efficient and beautifully designed quartz infrared stove.
The Comfort Jackson Has A Larger Body
Featuring a larger body than most other Amish styled heaters, (24” W x 24.75” H x 14” D) the outer shell is made from durable stamped metal construction with a classically designed appearance.There are 3 glass sides so you can relax and enjoy all the benefits of the rise and flicker from the log set, creating the illusion and setting the mood of a real wood burning fire.
Benefits of Comfort Jackson:
- Portable electric infrared radiant heater featuring 3 sides of glass panels to enjoy the warmth and look of flames and a hotly glowing ember bed complete with very realistic charred logs
- Plugs straight into a standard 120-volt outlet
Choose to portably zone heat any room in your house, workshop, home office, RV or site office up to 1000sq
- Comes with a multi-function digital remote control to turn the unit on and adjust the logs and flame settings
- The temperature is adjusted from inside the heater door and is easy to access. Once set, the heat settings are automatically retained. Set and forget.
- Dimensions – 24” W x 24.75” H x 14” D
From the control panel you can choose the desired temperature and each time the heater is turned on, it stays at the previously chosen settings. The control panel behind the door is easy to access and use.
In the unlikely event, you might lose the remote, it won’t be a big deal as the heater is so easy to operate manually.These heaters are such a good inexpensive heat source for warming areas up to 1,000 Sq. Ft. in size. Why not create a relaxing and inviting atmosphere in your home?
3) Amish Heater: Dimplex CS1205 Compact Electric Stove
The Dimplex CS1205 Compact Electric Stove is a more compact design and heats a smaller room than the heaters discussed above. If you’re looking for a Amish style portable electric infrared radiant heater that can warm an area of 400 square feet or less, the Dimplex CS1205 Compact Electric Stove is the one you want.
Benefits of This Amish Heater: The Dimplex Compact Stove:
- Compact electric stove style heater heats rooms up to 400 sq feet
- Quiet, fan-forced heater with High/Low settings for even heat distribution; No heat option for visual enjoyment year-round
- Realistic flame effect with patented flame technology
- Uses over 90% less energy than gas to produce visual flames
- Plugs into any standard household outlet
- Measures 17.4 inches wide by 12 inches deep by 21.6 36 inches high
The unit distributes heat through forced air and has three heat settings: high, low and no heat.
The Dimplex CS1205 Compact Electric Stove weighs 28 pounds and is fairly easy for someone to pick up and move, if necessary. This product is covered by a one year warranty on parts and labor. Light bulbs for the unit are not included in the warranty coverage.
Classic Looking Amish Infrared Fireplace Heaters Lend Their Style To Modern Heaters
Whether you choose the Duraflame, Comfort Jackson, or the Dimplex electric heater, you’ll heat your home with the confidence that you’ll be able to keep your home warm and toasty and keep some cash in your pockets this winter. These Amish heaters take a design leaf from the Amish themselves and the heating units provide a clean alternative to wood stoves or natural gas furnaces. They are more reliable than other heat sources. These units can easily fit into any room in your home. It’s worth taking your time to read Amish infrared heaters reviews and choose the right sized heater in heat output and appearance to suit your needs.