Rather than with traditional grilling, where the food is practically touching the flame, with infrared heat, the heat is passed from the ignition area to an inner wall The heat is then dispersed evenly throughout the food, cooking it completely, without drying it out.
This system is not only faster and more efficient, but it is also considerably cheaper. Gas grills use less fuel for the infrared grill to reach the same temperature as an ordinary grill would.
Things to like about infrared grills:
- Cooks food faster and cheaper
- Much safer to use than traditional grills
- Food is always tender and less charred
- Easy to clean
We review each grill further down the page in detail.
What Are The Advantages of Using Infrared Grill?
1. ) Much Safer Than Traditional Grills
With either ceramic or glass between your food and the flame, the risk of flare-ups are drastically reduced, which makes it much safer to be around. Whereas with traditional grills you have a chance for uneven cooking; having part of your food coming out either overcooked or worse, under-cooked due to hot and cold spots, infrared grills take that away.
As the tiles heat up, the infrared is radiated into the grill evenly, ensuring the perfect cook every time. Learning how to use an infrared grill is no different to your normal BBQ grill. You might also lik eto learn more about how useful the best infrared countertop ovens are
2. ) Cooks Food To Perfection
Not only will your food be evenly cooked, but due to the quick heating and cooking, more of the natural juices are also retained. This means your meals will be much more tender, and tasting a lot better than you could have thought. If you’re wondering why you should even give it a shot, then it’s fairly simple. Infrared gas grills save you not only from the risk of a flare-up while rearranging your food or while it cooks and the juices seep out into the fire, but it also keeps it from getting charred by the flames.
3. ) Faster And Cheaper Way To Cook Food
Grilling shouldn’t be a chore, and you shouldn’t have to feel like a guard, protecting your meal from the flames. Instead, you should be able to prepare other food to go along with it, to make it that much better for you and your guests, whether family or friends. And nobody likes to wait for the grill to even heat up, which can sometimes take quite a while, burning away gas, along with your money.
And let’s face it; fuel, especially propane, isn’t exactly cheap these days, and can really make people think twice about grilling more often. Infrared grilling can help; simply start the grill up, and wait a few minutes before it’s at the prefect temperature to toss your food on, then just hang out for a few minutes while it cooks.
4. ) Very Easy To Clean
One of the worst parts with traditional grilling is the mess that’s left behind after cooking. Food gets stuck on the grill, and has to be scraped off. With the best infrared grill on the market, cleanup is as simple as turning the heat to high, and burning the leftover particles off.
This means no more having to scratch away at the grill rack, which often creates that awful metal on metal sound. It also means that grilling is once again fun, as you get to spend more time with the people around you, and can grill out more than just once or twice a week, it’s a win-win.
How To Choose The Best Infrared Grill?
As with traditional grills, infrared grills come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and all with different ignition setups, as well as fuel.
Consider the size suitable for your needs
When it comes to Char-Broil, who definitely have the best infrared grills on the market, their grills can range from small electric infrared grills to a much larger, and heavier, propane-fueled, electric ignition grill. Of course, if you’re living in an apartment, I wouldn’t recommend getting something such as the Infrared 450, 3-burner cart gas grill.
Instead, I believe the best choice would be something along the lines of their smaller, patio bistro electric grill, if you’re going to be in tight quarters, such as on a balcony or small patio area. The top portable grills make such sense to use as they are so light and portable.
Perfect For An RV, Boat or Camping
What if you are looking for the best portable BBQ for an RV, camping or on a boat? Just about all our featured BBQ grills are suitable as they are relatively small and portable to store away. If a BBQ isn’t quite what you are looking for, then you may like to look at a portable ceramic infrared cooktop for your RV, boat or dorm. They are are brilliant solution, being small, powerful and portable.
Choose the right ignition system that works for you
When it comes to fuel and ignition systems, it all boils down to personal preferences; some people prefer to use charcoal, while others would rather use propane and electric ignitions. But, of course if you’re a person who doesn’t mind cleaning up ashes, Char-Broil’s Kettleman Grill may be perfect for you. I feel the best portable charcoal grill for camping is the Kettleman. However, if you’re more into smoking your food, then The Big Easy smoker roaster and grill, I believe would be an absolute dream for you when it comes to food preparation. I highly recommend reading Char-Broil infrared grill reviews to see what people are saying.
1) Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill, RedThis Char-Broil Electric grill, perfect for grilling in small areas, is only 24.4×25.2, and standing just over 38 inches tall weighs approximately 54lbs, uses a standard 120 volt outlet and 1750 watts to cook your food on a 240 square inch primary cooking area with a porcelain-coated surface. This patio bistro grill is one of the most popular and best infrared grills on the market from Char-Broil.
Award-winning Infrared System For Precise Heat Control
It also has a bonus cooking area of 80 square inches, giving a total area of 320 square inches, capable of accommodating up to 12 burgers. With their award-winning infrared system, it eliminates deviations in heat, cooking evenly, and includes a temperature dial, to give you precise control of the heat.
Benefits of Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Grill:
- If you’re cooking on a small patio, or even in a condo or apartment, this grill is perfect for you, especially since you don’t have to worry about an open flame or flare-ups which can be dangerous in small areas.
- The top of the grill features a temperature gauge, allowing you to simply glance over to check the temperature.
- With an easy to clean cooking surface, a cool-touch handle and wheeled base, cleaning up after cooking is practically effortless.
- And you can store your cooking tools close by with the storage grate underneath, meaning you’ll never again have to dig through drawers to find what you need.
Perfect Solution For Smaller Meals When A Smaller Size Is Needed
Overall, this would be great for not only grilling in small areas, but for smaller meals, such as little family get-togethers, or having some friends over for a Sunday cookout. As you can see, there is ample room for plenty of food on the grill top. Char Broil infrared grill reviews on this patio bistro BBQ are very good, which is why we have chosen it for our first one.
This grill may be lightweight, but can definitely carry its own, offering easy cleaning, simple storage, and flameless cooking. A big bonus for me, no gas bottles, no messy charcoal- simply plug in and go. How lovely and easy for everyone concerned. This model from Char-Broil is my choice in top portable grills which offers the benefits of infrared BBQing.
2) Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill, 4 ColorsChar-Broil’s Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill graphite colored is an excellent choice if you enjoy grilling, but are unable to use either gas or charcoal grills. Not only do they pose hazards of their own, but the cost of them stacks up pretty quick. Grilling out shouldn’t break the bank, and that’s where infrared electric grilling really comes in handy.
Grilling Food Has Never Been This Faster and Safer
You don’t even need a special adapter or anything, it uses a typical 120 volt outlet, and pushes out 1750 watts of heating. That means not only will your grill heat up faster and cook faster, but it also saves you energy. In only a few minutes of turning on, this grill will already be pushing temperatures of 500 degrees. But with the cool-touch handle on top, you won’t have to worry about burning yourself lifting the lid to toss your food on.
Benefits of The Patio Bistro Grill:
- Available in Graphite, Chocolate Graphite, Gloss Black and Blue
- Great grill for small spaces, RV’s and camping
- 2 Wheels for portability
- 320 sq inches of grill surface: fits approx 8 to 12 hamburgers
- Cook your food evenly, retaining moisture content for juicier food
- Porcelain-coated premium cooking grates are easy to clean
Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Is Equipped With Latest Cooking TechnologyWith Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared cooking technology, it produces a very minimum of 65 percent of heating. This means that more heat is going to your food, reducing the time you have to wait for it.
Let’s face it; sometimes when you’re grilling, the second the food touches the grill. With gas or charcoal grills, it sometimes takes up to, or even over, 30 minutes.
Cleaning Up Is So Easy
With the Char-Broil, your food can be ready in a fraction of the time, giving you more time to enjoy it in all its juicy and tenderness. Because unlike traditional grilling methods, the TRU-Infrared evenly, and quickly cooks your food, sealing in the natural juices. People’s Tru infrared gas grill reviews all talk about how good the food tastes and the moisture level retention rates. To me, that’s important because who wants to chew on tough, dry meat…? I’m sure you don’t either.
This means not only more tender meat, but you also won’t have to worry about it making a mess that you’ll have to clean up later. When you do need to clean it, simply close the lid, and turn the temperature up to high, and let the particles simply burn off the porcelain-coated surface.
3) Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Kettleman Charcoal Grill, 22.5 InchThe Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Kettleman Charcoal Grill at a first glance, seems rather on the small side. Don’t let appearances deceive you…..However, this lightweight, yet durable roaster and grill comes in at a modest 22.5 inches, and only 25.8 inches high. And, the Kettleman is definitely by far the best portable charcoal grill for camping with its options. Fresh air, plenty of exercise and a delicious BBQ….sounds good to us!
Very Portable Grill Handles Up To 25 lbs Easily
And at a reasonable 50lbs, this grill is easy to move and store when not in use, though you just might want to always keep it at hand. But its light weight and small design doesn’t mean it’s not capable of delivering unbelievably delicious smoked, cooked, or grilled food.
You can roast up to 25lbs easily, with 360 square inches of cooking space for grilling too. Plus, you can keep an eye on the cooking temperatures with mounted temperature gauge on top of the lid. You can quickly check the temperature easily, and without having to lift the lid.
Rust Resistant Porcelain Coated Grill
The rust resistant, porcelain coated cooking grate is a clever design with the no fall through cooking grate. The grate keeps food on top where it should be and prevents flare-ups happening. Heat is evenly distributed so hot and cold spots are minimized. The lid vent opens to let the build up of heat out when needed, and closes to increase cooking temperature. You can further control the temperature and cooking times as the charcoal grate is fully adjustable. Need more heat? Easy. Bring the heat closer to the food or further away as you need.
Benefits of Char-Broil Infrared Kettleman Charcoal Grill:
- The top vent can be used to adjust the internal temperature, opening and closing to decrease, or increase temperature respectively
- The charcoal grate can also be adjusted, to allow your food closer or further from the heat as desired.
- The chrome-plated bottom shelf offers not only stability between the legs, but is also for the convenience of storing either cooking utensils or even spare charcoal, for future grillings.
- With two wheels and a locking lid, this small yet durable charcoal infrared grill is secure and able to be stored practically anywhere you need.
Charcoal Burner + Removable Ash Bowl
The heat is provided through the burning of charcoal, where the heat is transferred between the inner and outer wall, which heats up the inner wall, radiating the heat out to the food evenly. The removable ash bowl allows for quicker cleanup, while also using less charcoal than traditional grills. If I were to go back to using charcoal, that would be a point to keep in mind; nothing is worse than the huge mess left behind by charcoal. And using less to achieve the same temperature is definitely a plus, because it also saves you from spending more money on the fuel, which is what keeps many from wanting to grill food more often.
No Need For Extra AccessoriesThe even infrared heat will not only prevent over or under-cooked food, but it also saves you the need for spit rods, water pans, and air dampers; everything you need, except the delicious food to cook and the smoke chips, is included.
Hinged Lid Makes Cooking Easy
Unlike the majority of other charcoal kettle grills, the Char-Broil Kettleman Kettle Grill has the advantage of a hinged lid. The lid props open to make checking both the charcoal and food a cinch with both hands. You don’t need put the lid on the ground, or hang it from the side of the grill. Once you finish checking, simply lower the lid back down.
For safe storage and transport, the lid can be latched in the closed position for security. I think you’ll enjoy using this neat little grill. And I think you will too, especially at such a reasonable price, for all the benefits it offers.
4) Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Gas Grill, BlackWith a price tag like Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Gas Grill, you would expect it’d be amazing. And you wouldn’t be wrong, either; this grill has an amazing 320 square inches of cooking space. Added to that, there is an additional 80 square inches of a secondary warming rack so your food doesn’t get cold.
Lid Mounted Temperature Gauge
As if the simple cooking space wasn’t enough, the Lid-Mounted Temperature Gauge helps keep track of the pre-heat status and works to monitor the inside temperature of your grill. The propane burner, with Easy Light integrated ignition, is capable of pushing out around 13,000 BTUs of heat.
Benefits of the Patio Bistro Gas Grill:
- Perfect and portable wheel based grill for small patios, balconys, even take on camping trips
- 240 sq inches of cooking space and 80 sq inches to keep food warm for your family and friends
- Lid Mounted Temperature gauge: check heat levels at a glance
- Towel bar holds all your accessories and tools, tongs, spatula etc
- Plate perfectly cooked food with even infrared heat- no cold / hot spots
Serve BBQ Food Which Is Moistly DeliciousWhat really sets this apart from other propane grills is that the air is radiated out to the food, rather than using convection, which dries your food out, and can leave it tough.
Add Wood Chips For Extra Flavor
And if you want, you can even add wood chips right on the cooking grates to add some extra flavor, and without risking a flare-up which comes with open-flame grills.
As Portable As You Could Ask For
At a low weight of 44lbs, this steel grilling beast comes in at 24.4 x 25.2 x 38.2 inches , and at nearly 38 inches high, making it portable, durable and solid. This portability factor makes the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio and Bistro Gas Grill the best portable BBQ for an RV, your camping trip or picnic.
Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Gas Grill, Black best portable bbq for rv
The Patio Bistro Gas Grill has a stainless steel grate and comes with 2 rolling coasters, which helps easily store it away, but not too far away; you never know when you’ll want to grill something else up after using this. This is another popular BBQ as can be seen in the Tru infrared gas grill reviews
5) Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 450 3-Burner Cart Gas GrillThe Char-Broil 450 3-Burner Cart Gas Grill offers an amazing 450 square inches of primary, porcelain-coated cooking surface, with a swing-away rack that offers an additional 150 square inches for keeping your food warm. This is a great choice for a mid-size grill, great for family get-togethers, inviting friends over for a cookout, or for whatever you can think of.
Cook Different Food in Different Temperature At The Same Time
With its Surefire Electronic ignition system on each of the three burners, a reliable spark and ignition is guaranteed. Each burner also has its own temperature control, allowing you to cook different foods at different temperatures without having to choose which gets cooked first. The side burner offers an amazing 10,000 BTUs of heat for keeping your food from getting cold, or even heating your special sauces up. The Char-Broil Performance is one of the top rated propane grills.
And when you’re not using the side burner, you can simply flip the lid down, and gain an additional bit of working space, keeping everything you need nearby.
Benefits of Char-Broil 3-Burner Cart Gas Grill:
- Available in a range of cabinet sizes from 2 burner- 300 Cabinet Grill to 3 Burner – 500 Cabinet Grill
- The porcelain-coated cooking grates are easily cleaned, while the stainless steel burners are easily adjusted, offering any temperature you need, from very low, simmering temperature, up to high, searing heats, and everything in between.
- With a lid-mounted temperature gauge, there’s no need to guess if your grill’s hot enough, simply peek over, and see right away, and if you need, adjust the temperature to suit your needs.
- At 45.5×54.1 and 23.4 inches high, this 98lb steel grilling beast is built to last, and grill everything you can think of, and maybe even more.
- With its two wheeled cart design, storing this grill is as simple as finding a place to put it; though I wouldn’t recommend storing it too far away, you might be coming back to it very soon.
Keeping track of the temperature when cooking on your infrared grill, or any BBQ is important for producing a perfectly cooked meal. The large round temperature gauge is lid mounted to help you monitor cooking temperatures and keep heat control at optimum levels. The lid is made from steel for tough durability and the firebox stand is coated with porcelain to withstand weather.
Convenient Cart Design
What happens when you want to store your Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 450 3-Burner Gas Grill away over the winter months? The 2 large wheels are perfect for wheeling away the BBQ for easy portability into storage when you aren’t using it. You can also buy a BBQ cover to stop weather getting in. The propane tank is neatly hidden from view by the front panel, making a nice neat finish.
Keeping all of the reviews in mind, for apartment-sized grills, the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill would be the best choice; it allows grilling in close quarters, without using charcoal or propane fuel, and has enough space to cook quite a bit of food as well. Cleaning and storing this grill are also exceptionally easy, which makes it even easier to see why it would be perfect for those in places where grills are restricted. As for larger grilling, such as for large family or friend gatherings, I would definitely choose the Char-Broil
Not only does it have more than enough space to grill, but also allows you to roast, and even smoke your own food with optional flavoring chips. I think this should be a part of any serious grilling enthusiast, whether new to grilling, or an expert simply looking for a quicker and cheaper way to cook, roast, and smoke delicious food for friends and family alike.
Things To Keep In Mind When Choosing Infrared Grills
Before you go and simply buy an infrared grill, there are some things you should think about first, and definitely keep in mind while looking.
1. Choose according to your needs
First of all, I would consider thinking about the fuel first; if you’re in a place where grills are restricted, then I don’t think you would really want to get a charcoal powered grill. In that case, an electric grill would most likely suit your needs just fine, without impacting performance, or causing problems while cooking.
2. Check additional features
Another important factor I would suggest considering is the additional features included. While having a wheeled base might make transportation easier for large, heavier grills, it might also cause a much smaller and lighter grill topple over easier, especially if hit just right. And of course, locking lids are preferable, especially if you travel with it, personally I wouldn’t want a grill popping open while on the road and banging around all over the place. But in the same manner, it may not be necessary, which leaves the choice open.
3. Size matters
Now that the main topics are covered, it comes down to size, and if applicable, amount of burners available. If you’re cooking for a full family, then chances are you’re not going to want a single burner; even with the speed of infrared grilling, I don’t think anyone wants to sit and wait longer than they need to for delicious food to be put in front of them. Conversely, if you’re only grilling for yourself and a couple other people, you’re not going to need a 3 or more burner system, as that really wouldn’t benefit you cost-wise. Learning how to use your infrared grill will help you get the best use as you are cooking meals.
4. Consider what you’ll be cooking
The best infrared grills can cook just about anything you can think of, but it also doesn’t hurt to think of exactly what you’re going to be cooking most often. A smoker, roaster and grill wouldn’t seem to make sense if you’re going to only be grilling up burgers now and then; but if you’re going to cook something larger, say a turkey, then you would probably want something about that size, instead of trying to cook it on a little grill. One thing you should be looking for, and hopefully not find, are problems with some where they don’t heat, or have ignition issues reported.
5. Put safety first
Last thing anyone wants is to buy a grill, set it up, and realize that the ignition system is faulty, which poses not only a problem for cooking, but for safety as well. The same could go for if you’re looking to get an electric grill; problems in the wiring could be a serious issue. But whether you’re in a small condo and grilling on a balcony, or looking to be the cooking king of the neighborhood, I can assure you there’s an infrared grill that’s built for your needs, or maybe even built just for you, when you choose to join the increasing number of infrared grillers out there. Char-Broil make some of the top rated propane grills which are inexpensive to run as they are infrared and guzzle less propane than your regular propane run grill.
Take Your Time In Choosing The Best Infrared Grill On The Market For You…
We trust you enjoyed our thoughts on choosing an infrared grill and little buying guide. After all, who doesn’t love a great BBQ as the weather warms up and we feel much more sociably inclined…. We sure do and our children love the ritual involved with cleaning our BBQ, getting it ready for the first use of the season. Then the food prep and oh my goodness, there is nothing better than the scent of onions caramelizing, a good steak gently broiling away, a glass of nice red and a summery evening. To wind down at the end of a long day being outdoors and eating is our idea of bliss and I hope it’s yours too. When you decide to invest in the best infrared grill on the market, do your research carefully